In striving to provide the highest quality and most efficient emergency medical service to our community, the Pleasant Gap Fire Company has developed a Live-In Program. The primary goal of the Live-In Program is to supplement our volunteers and paid staff.
Participation is open to persons who meet the following requirements
- 18 years of age or older
- Possession of a valid US driver’s license
- Current PA-EMT license
- Current CPR with AED certification
- EVOC (Emergency Vehicle Operations Course) certification
- Hazardous Materials at Operations Level or higher
- Clean criminal background check
- Must be accepted for Membership to the PGFC
- Must be a Full Time Student (12 Credits or greater Fall / Spring Semester), a part time student with full or part time employment, or have full time employment (40 Hours + / week)
- Must have personal mode of transportation
- Schedule a minimum of 30 hours of on duty time weekly †
- Attend the regularly scheduled monthly department meetings †
- Must respond on Emergency EMS calls as needed while on station
- Each live-in will be responsible for assigned daily, weekly, and monthly duties
- Must maintain the minimum eligibility requirements to remain in the program
- Each live-in must maintain their own mailing address, such as a PO Box. PGFD will not be responsible for live-in’s mail.
- Must maintain a personal mode of transportation. PGFC vehicles are not for personal use
- Students must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 grading scale
- Live-ins may reside at the station for 4 (four) years, provided that the minimum eligibility requirements are met.
- After 4 (four) years of live-in status, the live-in must reapply to the program
- Secure dormitory style room, which includes two twin size beds, dresser, closet and study area.
- Shared Bathroom and Shower Facilities
- Clothes washer and dryer.
- Kitchen facility that includes basic food preparation and eating utensils. (Live-in provides his/her own food)
- High speed wireless internet
- Basic Cable TV
- Life-long friendships
Pleasant Gap is a small village located about 10 miles east of State College, Penn State Campus, Classes, and Night Life.
The station sits on a quiet side street, and is surrounded by several acres of landscaped land. A portion of the grounds is used for our annual carnival, which takes place the last full week of July. The quiet area provides the opportunity to study outside in the warmer months.
Local attractions include hiking, fishing, cycling, and much more. Our proximity to State College adds a near by night life, while near-by Bellefonte, provides access to shopping.
More information on the station can be found at Fire House.com “In Quarters”
Click on the map on the right for details and directions
You may download a printable PDF brochure about our program.
For More information, or questions regarding the live-in program, please call the station at 814.359.2102, or email our Live-In Committee
Fill out our application