Please note: due to safety concerns, the Pleasant Gap Fire Company is unable to fill pools.
The Pleasant Gap Fire Company Ambulance Service is based in the village of Pleasant Gap, Pennsylvania. Operating three state-of-the-art ambulance units, we provide services to Spring, Benner, and Walker Townships as well as providing mutual aid help to our friends in the Bellefonte, Penns Valley, and State College areas. We currently operate with both volunteer and paid employees.
•Ambulance Captain (860): Tracie Young-Brungard
•Asst. Ambulance Captain (861): Matt Royer
•Asst. Ambulance Captain (862): Joey Ault
•Asst. Ambulance Captain (863): Doug Fuller
Pleasant Gap (Centre County Company 8) is located in Spring Township, Centre County, Pennsylvania. Our department provides Fire, Rescue, and Emergency Medical Services to the citizens of Pleasant Gap and parts of Spring, Benner, and Walker townships. We also respond as the primary Fire and Emergency Medical Service to the State Correctional Institution at Rockview, and when called upon we provide mutual aid service to the surrounding communities.
We operate the following apparatus
- 1 Engine Unit: 810
- 1 Engine Rescue Unit: 814
- 1 Heavy Rescue Unit: 818
- 1 Tanker (Tender) Unit: 819
- 1 Utility Unit: 822
- 1 Brush Truck Unit: 825
- 3 BLS (Basic Life Support) Transport Ambulances Units 850, 851, & 852
We also still own our first “modern” fire engine, a 1936 Dodge / American LaFrance pumper.
- Chief (800): Lou Brungard
- Deputy Chief (801): Terry Royer
- Second Assistant Chief (802): Jim Walker
- Third Assistant Chief (803): Jeremy Royer
- Engine Capt. (892): Rick Sherretz
- Rescue Capt. (893): Clint Ripka
- Engine/ Rescue Capt. (891): Cam Royer
- Fire Marshall (809): Gary Royer
- Fire Police Captain (870): Steve Snook
- Assistant Fire Police Captain (871): Tom Shade
Please note, our station “fire hall” is not for rent due to the live-in program, and the configuration of the station.Tables and Chairs are available for rent. Please call the station for details. (ask for Norm Webber)During the warmer months, our carnival grounds are available to rent for your event. Please contact the station for details (ask for Norm Weber).
Tours of the Pleasant Gap Emergency Services building are available upon request. Station tours last approximately 30 minutes, and include viewing our apparatus, fire safety, and talking to fire and ems personnel.
Tours adhere to the following criteria:
- Please call at least 3 weeks in advance so proper staffing is available
- Groups should be 25 participants or less
- Groups must have 1 adult chaperone per every 5 children
- Company 8 remains active during the tour, and we may need to respond to an emergency during your tour
- Participants should be at least 5 years old.
•Mailing Address: Pleasant Gap Fire Company
475 Robinson Lane
Pleasant Gap, PA 16823
• Phone: 814-359-2102• Fax: 814-359-4110